~ Basic Application
- Sand piece to at least 400 grit and clean the dust out of the grain or texture;
- For best results, use in conjunction with a dye or stain.
- Apply a single coat of sanding sealer;
- Liberally apply your chosen Embellishing Wax, rubbing it deeply into the grain or applied texture;
- Allow to dry a little and then buff the product off the surface. (Drying times vary, depending on ambient temperature and humidity;
- Optionally apply more coats as required and overcoat with Microcrystalline Wax.
Use for the embellishment of open-grained woods such as oak or ash or close-grained wood that has had textured added.
Combine the waxes with applied colour for additional impact.
~ Colour and Aroma
Various coloured waxes. Characteristic aroma of wax and solvent.
Supplied in an aluminium screw top pot containing 60g of product.
Store in a cool, dry place, ideally between 10° and 30°C (50° and 90°F) Where possible. Protect from extreme heat and freezing. Keep out of direct sunlight.
~ Longevity – Use By
Kept according to instructions, you can expect the product to last around 12 months from opening depending on how often it is used.
~ Food Contact and Toy Safe?
Unknown – products have not been tested.
SAFETY FIRST! Always read product labels, wear appropriate PPE and take steps to ensure the safety of your workshop environment and the people in it!
~ Product Label Warning
Contains Hydrocarbons, C9-C11, n-alkanes, isoalkanes, cyclics, <2% arom.
DANGER. Flammable solid. May cause drowsiness or dizziness. Repeated exposure may cause skin dryness or cracking. If medical advice is needed, have product container or label at hand. Keep out of reach of children. Keep away from heat, hot surfaces, sparks, open flames and other ignition sources. No smoking. Use only outdoors or in a well ventilated area. Store locked up. Dispose of contents/container in accordance with local / regional / national / international regulations.
~ Product Warning Symbols
Product warning symbols are displayed on products to highlight the potential dangers of some of the contents of the products – this is usually the solvents. In many cases, the warnings are irrelevant once the solvent has evaporated.
~ Safety Data Sheet
As the manufacturer, we cannot know all the uses the product may be used for. It is the user’s responsibility to determine suitability of use. If in doubt, contact us for advice.