~ Basic Application
- Sand your work down to at least 400 grit and ensure surface is free from dust, grease and moisture;
- Prepare the surface with a suitable sealer and ensure it has fully dried.
- Shake can with the cap on for at least two minutes before use. Protect lathe and surfaces;
- Avoid breathing spray – Use appropriate PPE and use in a well ventilated area;
- Apply light coats 200mm from the piece, giving time for the lacquer to dry between coats. Two to four coats is usually sufficient;
- Lightly cut back the lacquer between dry coats for an even finish;
- Under normal conditions, this Professional Lacquer can be mechanically buffed in under 3 hours.
- For a glass-like finish, use abrasive pastes
Use for finishing decorative wood-turned items on a lathe, flat woodwork or other items requiring a tough lacquer finish.
~ Colour and Aroma
Clear spray. Characteristic aroma of solvents and aerosols
Supplied in a 400ml aerosol tin.
Store in a cool, dry place, ideally between 10° and 30°C (50° and 90°F) Where possible. Protect from extreme heat and freezing. Keep out of direct sunlight.
~ Longevity – Use By
Kept according to instructions, you can expect the product to last indefinitely. We recommend using the product within 12 months of purchase, though.
~ Food Contact and Toy Safe?
Unknown – product has not been tested.
SAFETY FIRST! Always read product labels, wear appropriate PPE and take steps to ensure the safety of your workshop environment and the people in it!
~ Product Label Warning
DANGER: Contains n-butyl acetate, Hydrocarbons, C9, aromatics, 4-hydroxy-4-methylpentan-2-one,2-methylpropan-1-ol. Flammable liquid and vapour, Causes serious eye damage, May cause respiratory irritation, May cause drowsiness or dizziness. Suspected of damaging fertility or the unborn child. Harmful to aquatic life with long lasting effects. Repeated exposure may cause skin dryness or cracking. Keep out of reach of children. Keep away from heat, hot surfaces, sparks, open flames and other ignition sources. No smoking.Wear protective gloves/ protective clothing/eye protection/ face protection.IF SWALLOWED OR IN EYES: Immediately call a POISON CENTER/doctor. Do not expose to temperatures exceeding 50 °C/122 °F. Dispose of contents/container in accordance with local regulations.
~ Product Warning Symbols
Product warning symbols are displayed on products to highlight the potential dangers of some of the contents of the products – this is usually the solvents. In many cases, the warnings are irrelevant once the solvent has evaporated.
~ Safety Data Sheet
As the manufacturer, we cannot know all the uses the product may be used for. It is the user’s responsibility to determine suitability of use. If in doubt, contact us for advice.