Apply some of the Intrinsic Colour Collection dyes to your work before using this to produce an elegantly coloured and finished piece.
For the best possible finish, always ensure that the surface you are applying to is perfectly smooth, free from dust, scratches and properly sealed.
Two Minute Tutorial
~ Basic Application
- Sand your work down smooth to at least 400 grit and ensure surface is free from dust, grease and moisture;
- Prepare the surface well with a suitable sealer and ensure it has fully dried. For best results, use our Pro Matt Sealer Spray and follow those instructions;
- Shake can with the cap on for at least two minutes before use;
- Avoid breathing spray. Use in a well ventilated area and wear appropriate PPE. Protect lathe and surfaces;
- Apply light coats 200mm from the piece, giving time for the lacquer to dry between coats;
- Lightly cut the lacquer back between dry coats for an even finish. Leave the final alone;
- Apply a coat or two of our Microcrystalline Wax for a fingerprint resistant overcoat.
Use for finishing decorative wood-turned items on a lathe, flat woodwork or other items requiring a tough lacquer finish.
~ Colour and Aroma
Clear spray. Characteristic aroma of solvents and aerosols
Supplied in a 400ml aerosol tin.
Store in a cool, dry place, ideally between 10° and 30°C (50° and 90°F) Where possible. Protect from extreme heat and freezing. Keep out of direct sunlight.
~ Longevity – Use By
Kept according to instructions, you can expect the product to last indefinitely. We recommend using the product within 12 months of purchase, though.
~ Food Contact and Toy Safe?
Unknown – product has not been tested.
SAFETY FIRST! Always read product labels, wear appropriate PPE and take steps to ensure the safety of your workshop environment and the people in it!
~ Product Label Warning
DANGER: Contains n-butyl acetate, Hydrocarbons, C9, aromatics, 4-hydroxy-4-methylpentan-2-one,2-methylpropan-1-ol. Flammable liquid and vapour, Causes serious eye damage, May cause respiratory irritation, May cause drowsiness or dizziness. Suspected of damaging fertility or the unborn child. Harmful to aquatic life with long lasting effects. Repeated exposure may cause skin dryness or cracking. Keep out of reach of children. Keep away from heat, hot surfaces, sparks, open flames and other ignition sources. No smoking.Wear protective gloves/ protective clothing/eye protection/ face protection.IF SWALLOWED OR IN EYES: Immediately call a POISON CENTER/doctor. Do not expose to temperatures exceeding 50 °C/122 °F. Dispose of contents/container in accordance with local regulations.
~ Product Warning Symbols
Product warning symbols are displayed on products to highlight the potential dangers of some of the contents of the products – this is usually the solvents. In many cases, the warnings are irrelevant once the solvent has evaporated.
~ Safety Data Sheet
As the manufacturer, we cannot know all the uses the product may be used for. It is the user’s responsibility to determine suitability of use. If in doubt, contact us for advice.
There are no reviews yet.