The skew, often considered a challenging tool to master, is actually incredibly versatile once proficiency is achieved. This essential woodturning tool can be used for planing cuts, V-cuts, beads, as well as shaping convex, cylindrical, or conical forms. Additionally, it is highly effective for cleaning end grain.
Embark on an exciting journey to mastering this brilliant woodturning tool with the experienced tutor Colwin.
This comprehensive one day course is designed to demystify the skew, cover basic cuts, and address common challenges such as planing and bead rolling catches. Places are limited to 5 on each day. The same course is being run on 6th and 7th September.
By booking this course, you will have the invaluable opportunity to create a skew practice piece, a mini skew pendant, and a third-size table leg, providing a comprehensive transition from square to round forms under Colwin’s professional guidance.
This course focuses on tooling and is ideal for students with a reasonable amount of woodturning experience looking to expand their skills and working to get to grips with the skew.
Timings: 9.00am – 4pm (approx)
Your Day Includes:
- Use of machinery
- Use of Tools (but we strongly recommend bringing your own skew chisel)
- Use of any required consumables or other equipment
- Lunch at the onsite coffee shop
- PPE and Insurance
How To Book:
- Choose a green date on the calendar
Dates with availability are green. Colwin is hosting the same course on both 6th and 7th September
- Select the number of people you wish to book.
If there are not enough spaces on the date selected, the site will tell you.
- Indicate the name(s) of the person(s) coming.
It is very helpful for us to know who is coming on the day, especially if the course is a gift.
- Confirm that those being booked are intermediate turners
- Click the Add to Cart button and checkout as usual.
- A £50.00 non-refundable deposit per person is due at the time of booking unless you are booking within 14 days of the course in which case, the full balance is due. After deposit payment has been made, an invoice for the balance will be sent which will be due no less than 14 days prior to the course. See our Terms and Conditions for full details.
- After payment, we will send you all the information you need to join the course on the date you booked.
- If there are fewer people than the required minimum for your course to run, we will contact you and offer you an alternative date or a full refund.