Dry in 5 – 15 minutes; this product works best when cut back or lightly sanded either between coats or after the final coat for a smooth surface to accept your final finish. Drying time may vary depending on ambient temperature and humidity.
One or two coats of the Pro Matt Sanding Sealer spray is generally enough to seal the wood. More or fewer coats may be required depending on the porosity of the piece you are working on.
Two Minute Tutorial
~ Basic Application
- Sand your work down smooth to at least 400 grit and ensure surface is free from dust, grease and moisture. Clean the grain of dust if using (for example, ash);
- Shake can with the cap on for at least two minutes before use;
- Use appropriate PPE and apply in a well ventilated area. Protect lathe and surfaces;
- Using steady passes holding the can 200mm from the surface, apply an even coat;
- Once dry, we recommend lightly cutting back the surface for a smoother surface before applying subsequent coats;
- Apply a second coat of sealer and repeat above steps until surface is evenly coated;
- Before applying your final finish, lightly cut back the sealer once more to a create a smooth surface.
Use for sealing decorative wood-turned items on a lathe, flat woodwork or other items requiring a tough sealer before finishing.
~ Colour and Aroma
Clear spray. Characteristic aroma of solvents and aerosols
Supplied in a 400ml aerosol tin.
Store in a cool, dry place, ideally between 10° and 30°C (50° and 90°F) Where possible. Protect from extreme heat and freezing. Keep out of direct sunlight.
~ Longevity – Use By
Kept according to instructions, you can expect the product to last indefinitely. We recommend using the product within 12 months of purchase, though.
~ Food Contact and Toy Safe?
Unknown – product has not been tested.
SAFETY FIRST! Always read product labels, wear appropriate PPE and take steps to ensure the safety of your workshop environment and the people in it!
~ Product Label Warning
DANGER: Contains n-butyl acetate, Hydrocarbons, C9, aromatics, xylene, 2-ethoxy-1-methylethyl acetate Extremely flammable aerosol. Pressurised container. Flammable liquid and vapour. May cause drowsiness or dizziness. Toxic to aquatic life with long lasting effects. Do not expose to temperatures exceeding 50°C/122°F. Repeated exposure may cause skin dryness or cracking. Keep away from heat, hot surfaces, sparks, open flames and other ignition sources. No smoking. Keep Away From Children. Avoid release to the environment. IF SWALLOWED or IN EYES: Immediately call a POISON CENTER/doctor. Do NOT induce vomiting. Dispose of contents/container in accordance with regional regulations.
~ Product Warning Symbols
Product warning symbols are displayed on products to highlight the potential dangers of some of the contents of the products – this is usually the solvents. In many cases, the warnings are irrelevant once the solvent has evaporated.
~ Safety Data Sheet
As the manufacturer, we cannot know all the uses the product may be used for. It is the user’s responsibility to determine suitability of use. If in doubt, contact us for advice.