Microcrystalline Wax is an excellent protective finish for many projects, including wood, leather and metal. Fingerprint and water resistant, this wax is a hard-wearing, overcoat to wax and other finishes for extra protection. Food contact and toy safe when cured.
Although Microcrystalline Wax can be used as a lustrous finish on it’s own, we find it is best suited to a protective overcoat to other finishes. It can also be used as a coating for leather, metal and other media.
Our Microcrystalline Wax appears hard in the tin. We provide the product in a very high wax-to-solvent ratio, meaning you need very little to overcoat your work—a popular choice supplied in a 130g (4.4oz) lacquered lever lid tin.
Two Minute Tutorial
~ Basic Application as an Overcoat
- Sand piece immaculately down to at least 400 grit and apply your preferred finish.
- Apply a little Microcrystalline Wax in a thin coat. Allow to dry.
- Buff to a shine by hand, a buffing mop or for lathe items, a paper towel.
- Apply additional coats as required.
Use as an overcoat to other finishes to provide a fingerprint-resistant surface. It can also be used as a finish on its own. Also, Microcrystalline Wax can coat other items such as leather and metal.
~ Colour and Aroma
Pure white in the tin and applies completely clear. It has the aroma of solvent and wax.
Lacquer lined tin containing 130g of product.
Store in a cool, dry place, ideally between 10° and 30°C (50° and 90°F) Where possible. Protect from extreme heat and freezing. Keep out of direct sunlight.
~ Longevity – Use By
Stored correctly and depending on usage, this product will last more than 2 years in the tin after opening.
~ Food Contact and Toy Safe?
Yes. Tested to EN71-3.
SAFETY FIRST! Always read product labels, wear appropriate PPE
and take steps to ensure the safety of your workshop environment
and the people in it!
~ Product Label Warning
Contains Hydrocarbons, C9-C11, n-alkanes, isoalkanes, cyclics, <2% arom.
DANGER. Flammable solid. May cause drowsiness or dizziness. Repeated exposure may cause skin dryness or cracking. If medical advice is needed, have product container or label at hand. Keep out of reach of children. Keep away from heat, hot surfaces, sparks, open flames and other ignition sources. No smoking. Use only outdoors or in a well ventilated area. Store locked up. Dispose of contents/container in accordance with local / regional / national / international regulations.
~ Product Warning Symbols
Product warning symbols are displayed on products to highlight the potential dangers of some of the contents of the products – this is usually the solvents. In many cases, the warnings are irrelevant once the solvent has evaporated.
~ Safety Data Sheet
As the manufacturer, we cannot know all the uses the product may be used for. It is the user’s responsibility to determine suitability of use. If in doubt, contact us for advice.