As a Hampshire Sheen user, you are already fantastic and I would like to give something back to you, to thank you for your support.
I’ve put together a series of free ‘Excellence in Finishing’ classes here at the HQ in Hampshire and three other locations around the country that are completely free to existing Hampshire Sheen users that will show attendees precisely how to achieve the same quality of finish they have seen on my pieces on social media and in my many demonstrations.
These free courses will mostly run midweek to fit round my demo and personal commitments and will last roughly four hours from 9.00am. I will guide you through my sanding technique and share with you proper surface preparation before looking at different techniques of applying Hampshire Sheen finishing and embellishing waxes. You will have an opportunity to put these techniques into practice on the unfinished pieces you bring with you. To ensure the best possible personal attention (and to make sure everyone has a lathe to use), space is limited to four places per course.
Included in these free courses:
- A potted history of the business and short tour of the Hampshire Sheen Global HQ (Hampshire bookings only);
- Demonstration and tuition of the techniques and products:The philosophy of good finishing
- Choosing the right finish for different pieces
- Preparing the surface, including sanding and sealing
- Application methods of Hampshire Sheen High Gloss, Original, Microcrystalline Wax and the embellishing waxes
- The abrasives you need to perfectly sand the surface;
- Dust masks;
- Hampshire Sheen’s ‘Excellence in Finishing’ certificate;
- 15% discount code for all Hampshire Sheen apparel and gift items;
Important: As an existing Hampshire Sheen user, you will need to bring:
- Two or more turned items with a tenon or mortise to fit standard 2″ chuck jaws. The finish should be ‘off the tool’ with no sanding, sealing or colour added. Ideally, items will be a mix of tight grained woods such as sycamore or beech, and the other will be open grained like oak or ash.
- Bowls: Should measure no more than 11″ in diameter
- Spindles: Should be no longer than 9″ if a spindle piece.
- Your Hampshire Sheen products including: Sanding Sealer, High Gloss, Original or Microcrystalline Waxes and any embellishing waxes you may have*.
I’m excited to get this program underway, and I look forward to welcoming as many people as I can to the HQ here in Hampshire and the other locations to earn their Excellence in Finishing certificate.
If you have any queries about these courses, please contact me, and I’ll be very happy to assist where I can. Please note that because of work and personal commitments, I may not be able to reply immediately. In this case, it may be quicker to send a PM via the Facebook page HERE.